- Started in 1995, Countywide Travel was a bus and coach operator based at a depot near Basingstoke Railway station and serviced parts of Berkshire, Hampshire and Surrey.
- In 1998, Countywide Travel relocated to the depot of the former operator Oakley Coaches near Oakley.
- In 2001, Countywide Travel expanded throughout the Fleet area taking over operations from Tillingbourne Bus Company who ceased trading in April that year.
- In October 2007, Countywide Travel sold the coach side of their business to Weavaway Travel, to concentrate on their bus operations, and relocated to Crondall. The company was renamed Fleet Buzz, and bus routes were given 70-series numbers. This saw the historic Reading to Aldershot route 12 to become the 72.
- Between 2008 and 2009, Fleet Buzz bought four brand new Optare Versas and four new Optare Solos.
- In October 2011, Fleet Buzz was bought by Stagecoach South, but kept Fleet Buzz as a separate identity. Stagecoach as well as making many changes to the network, also introduced new Fleet Buzz branding for the 72 & 82 routes including characters and slogan lines for each of the four Versas:
- "Sounds like a plan" says Stan
- "Time to get busy" says Lizzi
- "More money for the pot" says Dot
- "Keeps the air sweet" thinks Pete
The bee graphics that Stagecoach used for the characters were purchased from a royalty free image provider, then were further enhanced for the Fleet Buzz brand by their marketing team.
- During July and August 2014, extra Stagecoach liveried Solos and Darts entered the fleet and December saw the first of the Fleet Buzz buses being withdrawn, of which were the four Versas due to their expired five year lease.
- On the 31st of December 2014, the Fleet Buzz website was updated to announce the end of Fleet Buzz, three years after the Stagecoach takeover.
Click here to see an archive of the website before this change..
- Starting from the 5th January 2015, route 72 replaced the 30 from Fleet up to Farnborough meaning it no longer went to Aldershot. The rest of the 30 between Fleet and Basingstoke was also withdrawn. Route 31 also saw it's end of light as well as the 77 except for one journey in the morning and evening. Route 11 got separated from Fleet Buzz, the 41 & 42 were given slightly shorter routes, the 82 was given an extra morning journey, and the 80 & 83 remained unchanged as school routes from Yateley.
- The Fleet Buzz Crondall depot continued to operate the 41, 42, 72, 80, 82, 83 & 77 routes until the 23rd May 2015, when all operations changed to Stagecoach Aldershot. Some Fleet Buzz staff and buses moved to the Aldershot depot, other staff moved to the Basingstoke depot and other buses were either scrapped or transferred to other operaters.
- On 1st September 2015, Stagecoach changed the 72 to the 7 (the second renumbering of the route), the 82 to the 8 and reintroduced the 30 as the 10. The 7 again went to Aldershot from Reading, and the 10 went to Church Crookham from Farnborough instead of to Basingstoke and Zebon Copse.
- On the 16th May 2017, Fleet Buzz was dissolved from being a registered private limited company.
- In 2018, due to council cuts, Stagecoach withdrew from operating the 7 & 8 beyond Hartley Wintney & Eversley into Reading. From April 16th, Reading Buses commercially took over the 7 between Reading and Fleet.
The above information on this page is a mixture of my own personal gathered information about Fleet Buzz from various bus drivers and also includes information gathered from Bus Zone, Wikipedia, and Hants & Surrey Bus Blog.