My everyday hero is Lee. He’s my hero in how I write.
I met Lee in my local Christian Science book shop. I was reading to him some of my poems. He immediately gave me exactly the advice I needed to put me where I am today, writing epic songs.
- Don’t write a long continuous story.
- Write like a puzzle, or rather, a riddle.
- Don’t be repetitive but at the same time be repetitive.
- Be creative and play with rhymes.
- Look at the way the lyrics of the music you love are written, let that inspire you.
This advice, I immediately took on, writing songs, firstly strongly inspired by other songs and their structure, then songs written seriously and fully original. Over the past two years I have written 40+ songs along with many short poetic quotes.
I love it so much the times when I meet Lee and show him what I have been writing. He is a blessing from the Lord. He did what we all would do when we are passionate about something, but even then, the way his words just improved the way I write making me a serious song writer. Thank you so much Lee and God Bless you.
Lee is my lyrical hero.